Sunday, September 9, 2007

From Houston to Chicago...

Last week I went to Chicago for a spontaneous one-day road trip. I went with some friends from Maharishi University, and they were really excited about going to go meditate in Chicago malls. We ended up hanging out around Chicago and walking through downtown. There was a protest going on in front of the museum and we thought, "Hey, what better place to go meditate...but let's eat first."
We came back and did little 5 minute meditation sessions in several different places around downtown. After the first session, we opened our eyes and saw that some people were gathered around us, starring and taking pictures. We were like, "oh..hi"

Later on, we sat at the steps of a museum and meditated there. We overheard someone ask, "what are they doing?" and someone else responded, "Oh, they are praying for peace." Hehe, close, I guess.

After the last 5 minute session, I opened my eyes and right in front of me was this quote: "Dedicated to the enlightenment of the human spirit."- Eleanor Roosevelt

Pretty sweet. We will continue to take trips around the US, and do this wherever we go...
...Watch out Boulder, CO. I'll be visiting you very soon.

:-)

Love and light,
-Alex

1 comment:

Anna said...

Many more trips like this to come!