Monday, September 8, 2008

One Million People Meditating in Public?

So here's the deal: the Public Meditation Project will organize one million people around the world to meditate in public spaces, and show their inner peace to the world. Imagine people in every city, town, and country meditating at a specific time in public spaces like parks, malls, streets, sidewalks, museums, you get the point. Since this is a decentralized movement, it can happen easily if everyone organizes 4-5 people they know, and gets others to do the same... think "pay it forward" or "pyramid scheme with a purpose."

Do you want to take part in this adventure? I hope so, because I don't exactly know how it's going to happen. I just know that today it isn't hard to organize one million people to do something fun and exciting.

I guess the first step is to set a date. When does this work for you? Can ALL one million people do it that day, or do we need to invite more just in case? :-)

More updates coming soon, and suggestions for dates, of course, are always welcomed...

maybe we could link up with the Global Peace Meditation and Prayer Day next year?
Those guys are great.

Love and light,
-Alex

1 comment:

Ali said...

I love what you are doing. I would really like to get a public meditation group going in my city, Tampa florida. This sounds so cool! Please connect with my on Facebook/Twitter or YouTube, lets connect

http://www.facebook.com/yogagirlali
http://www.youtube.com/yogagirlali
http://www.twitter.com/yogagirlali

Peace Love and Carrots,
Ali